Prepare Yourself for Your Next Visit to the Doctor
Next time you have to make a visit to your health care provider, don’t forget to bring along some questions. To ensure your health and safety, you need to both inform your doctor and become informed yourself. Here are some questions you may want to ask.
- Does this medication have any side effects?
- Will it interact with any of my current medications? (Bring a list of what you are currently taking.)
- Should I watch for any unusual symptoms or signs during this course of treatment?
- What food, drugs, or activities should I avoid while receiving this treatment?
- What should I do if I miss a dose of my medication?
- When can I stop taking this medication?
- What can I do to best assist my treatment or recovery?
- While I’m here, is there any other thing I need a check-up for?
- How can I best contact you if I need to?
Don’t try to remember everything said during your visit. Plan on taking notes or bring along a relative or friend to take notes for you. You can also tape record your visit to help you remember all the facts. Your doctor can also write down instructions for you or give you printed material explaining your treatment.
Whether its money, pet care, or traveling tips, we have all the information you need right here at Mount Carmel Gardens Apartments in Jacksonville, Florida. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips!